Sanctuary Opportunity Funds introduces the first Philanthropic Opportunity Fund
Defer, Reduce & Eliminate Capital Gains Plus return of capital while helping Low income communities
Sanctuary Opportunity Funds has created the first Philanthropic Opportunity Fund allowing organizations a chance to retain control of their assets while helping low income communities escape economic despair. A donation to charitable organizations used to be the only way to help these communities in need…….Until now!
The federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 established the Opportunity Zone program designed to spur economic development and job creation in distressed communities through significant tax benefits to investors. We are offering a new and unique tax advantaged philanthropic real estate investment opportunity fund that can help transform neighborhoods that have been left behind. The proposed regulations clarify that all capital gains qualify for deferral, reduction and possible elimination of potential tax liabilities if invested in a Qualified Opportunity Fund within 180 days of recognizing the capital gain. Sanctuary’s Philanthropic Opportunity Fund will have a clear mandate:
• Promoting economic vitality to parts of a state that have not shared in the general prosperity over the past decade.
• Funding the development of workforce and affordable housing in areas with escalating prices + inventory shortages
• Funding new infrastructure to support population + economic growth
• Investing in startup businesses who have the potential for rapid increases in scale and prolonged job creation.
• Upgrading the capability of existing underutilized assets through capital improvement investments
In lieu of your normal donation to a charity that makes questionable investments for which you only receive a tax write off, our mandate is clear and all the contributions will go directly towards those areas within opportunity zones and after 10 years be returned to your organizations so you can redistribute your funds how you see fit. Instead of a tax write off, you get the benefits of capital gains tax deferral, reduction and possible elimination. The goal of the fund is to help, not to seek to profit off the program, giving your firm the opportunity to directly help those who need it most and retain control of your assets at the same time.